Thursday, October 15, 2009

Grey Sky's Turn Blue

Some days the sky reflects my mood, today it was grey and overcast, I hadn't slept well last night worrying over shift changes coming up. I also found myself judging my abilities once again. My body ached all over screaming for me to slow down, take a breath and see the beauty in the day.
My lesson for the day was "My present Happiness is all I see", hadn't quite integrated this lesson well, as I went back and forwards into the town. Things began to change in the afternoon, I went to the library a good place for me to be surrounded by the calming effects of books and visual stimuli. Of course this was where I was meant to be and I bumped in Silvana who has had a particular difficult time over the last two weeks.
There were some very interesting and inspiring art works to look at, what a bonus. I wandered back to the car thinking of many things when my eyes were drawn to the most perfect roses hidden behind a brick wall, I took the time to look deeply at their beauty. My eyes moved up a lane way where spring was bursting forth, a cherry blossum tree spreading its boughs over the walkway. I made a note that I must make a date with myself this weekend to take my camera and capture nature's beauty before it changes.
Time to drive home and cook tea, my next gift was a radiant rainbow, God's reminder that although sky's may appear grey underneath there was a wonderful surprise waiting for me to brighten up my day.
My choice to live in a world of illusion or in the beauty of the real world, God's creation is always filled with beauty it is up to me to make the decision which world I choose to live in on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment