Friday, January 28, 2011


A story came into my head of you yesterday, it found me when I was sleeping and drove me to seek the colours of my youth. Time moves so quickly, I look at what could have been only to find I am still treading the water of wishing without an outcome. What if we had done it another way, what if we could have been friends, would the end result still be the same. Distant phrases, furtive glances, slowly dancing around the perimeter of life. Dreams unfinished, colouring my day, I wait in hope that you will come my way. Time increases the skin into uncontrollable folds, ashamed of the changes, hidden away from sight, my mind call to me to seek your presence, the seeker gives up the journey to sit in comfortable solitude. Tears tumble leaving stream lines on the cheek, disguise, pretend, put on a happy face it is so easy to show the world nothing of my fate. So the story goes I am now an ordinary person, nothing to show, no partner to dream with, nothing to say I was here, I only hope you remember that I left a few footprints on your heart as you left many upon mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment