Friday, August 27, 2010

Spring is nearly here

I am at present involved in assisting Tess at Duck Flat develop a new project involving local artists mentoring young artists in the community. An exciting venture and lots to learn about gathering information to put forward proposals and grant applications. Duck Flat Garden is a beautiful peaceful place to visit, set in the Adelaide Hills behind the Mount Barker Hospital. Amazingly I found out about it while living in Melbourne a few years ago and I now find myself volunteering to get this latest project underway. I love the fact that art has been a main focus in the garden combining nature, art and health within the community. I sure takes a lot of organising as well as overseeing. So if you are ever in Mt Barker head to the garden, seek out a peaceful place and breath in the beauty and tranquility of this unique spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment